New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Suggestions: floating icon & history export

Mobile version discussion

Suggestions: floating icon & history export

Postby simonxiao » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:01 am

Hello!

I've been using GoldenDict on windows and mac for a long time, and it's really good to have a android app! thanks ikm!

I think there still could be improvements:

1. I have a Nexus 7 which doesn't have a physical search button (same case for many android tablets), and i have to use a virtual key app to provide the search key. however, I found there are key conflicts in some apps, for example, in chrome, both short press and long press bring you to the address bar. I think instead of long pressing the search key to look up the word in clipboard, a small floating icon on screen might be more convenient.

2. a simple history export function like it does in desktop version might help a lot for people who needs to later import the word list into flash card apps to memorize. I also learned that the flash card app ankidroid provides interface for dictionary apps to add words to their database right in the dictionary app without switching. is it possible for GoldenDict to do that?

Thanks a lot!
Simon
simonxiao

Return to Mobile