New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Full screen

Mobile version discussion

Full screen

Postby afainber » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 am

Hello,
First of all, thanks for the software, it's one of the only ones I know that were worth spending money on!

I only have one small request: I am using GoldenDict in a popup mode from CoolReader and I configured (the new version) to open the popup in a window and not in full screen. However, when I am using CoolReader, I'm using it in a full screen mode (no status bar) and when the GoldenDict window is opening, the status bar re-appears (and then disappears again when I close the window and return to the reader). Is it possible to either keep the behavior of the parent window (not show the status bar if it was not shown there), or even add a manual setting so that I can explicitly direct GoldenDict not show status bar when working in a window popup mode?

Thanks,
Leonid
afainber

Re: Full screen

Postby Tvangeste » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:53 am

Yeah, I'd like to join to this feature request. Seeing how status bar reappears and then disappears every time I look-up a word from Cool Reader gets annoying after a while (and takes time and CPU cycles too).

Basically, it would be nice to have full-screen mode in GoldenDict, optional.
Tvangeste

Postby afainber » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:22 pm

Apparently, on my rooted Nook Simple Touch, the status bar does not appear when a GoldenDict floating window opens, but on my Galaxy Nexus with Stock Android 4.1, it appears (and then disappears again, when I return to CoolReader/AlReader).
afainber

Postby Tvangeste » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Here's some code (in Activity) that works for me on 4.1.x and 2.3.6 devices and enables and disables full screen mode:

Code: Select all
    private void setFullScreen(boolean fullScreen) {
        WindowManager.LayoutParams attrs = getWindow().getAttributes();
        if (fullScreen) {
            attrs.flags |= WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_FULLSCREEN;
        } else {
            attrs.flags &= (~WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_FULLSCREEN);
        }
        getWindow().setAttributes(attrs);
    }

I'm looking forward for this feature to be implemented! :)
Tvangeste

Postby afainber » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:32 pm

If anyone is interested, I managed to work around the problem by using Fullscreen+ (http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=417825) to hide the notification bar for GoldenDict. This means that even if I run GoldenDict from outside CoolReader/Alreader it will hide the notification bar, but as I only use it from within the reader software, it's good enough for me.
afainber

Return to Mobile