New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Change toolbar icons

General discussion

Change toolbar icons

Postby gduser » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:51 am

Hello everyone.
The default icons aren't bad, but they dont fit with the rest of my applications. It looks like an alien compared to my other software. Could it be possible for goldendict to make use of the gTK icon theme? I don't know nothing about qt, but for the sake of consistency I'd like those icons changed.
gduser

Re: Change toolbar icons

Postby ikm » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:17 am

This is a popular request. However, someone has yet to come up to post the specific changes needed for this to happen.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby gduser » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:57 am

So for the moment is there an easy way to replace them? Are the icons hard-coded into the program? If so, is it an easy task.
gduser

Postby kite » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:06 am

Konstantin, Linux users will be very graceful if you use icons from Oxygen or Tango iconset instead of Windows icons. At least for Linux-builds.
kite

Postby ikm » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:17 am

Send patches. I have no idea what those iconsets are.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby kite » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 pm

These are default iconsets for KDE and GNOME respectively... And you even already use (misuse) one icon from Tango.
Ok, I'll try to prepare patch.
P.S. BTW about icons, I don't sure that use&spreading of all current icons is legal (especially in terms of GPL3) - especially official icon from ABBY Lingvo. ;)
kite

Postby kite » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:39 am

New icons (mainly from Oxygen iconset) and small cosmetics fixes: patch.
How it's situated: screenshot.
P.S. In future maybe I'll add icons from Tango iconset (for people with GNOME) and make an option (or autodetect by desktop environment).
kite

Postby ikm » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:40 am

Looks nice, thanks, but why did you remove 'folder.png' and made the 'All' group iconless?
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby kite » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:52 pm

I think that folder.png is more situated for files/directories... this is user experience.
There is no any meaningful icon for "All", so let it be iconless - in this way it is more noticeable.
kite

Postby gduser » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:42 am

kite wrote:New icons (mainly from Oxygen iconset) and small cosmetics fixes: patch.
How it's situated: screenshot.
P.S. In future maybe I'll add icons from Tango iconset (for people with GNOME) and make an option (or autodetect by desktop environment).

If by autodetect by desktop environment you mean to detect the icon theme currently being used and apply it to goldendict then that would really cool.
gduser

Return to General