New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Jump to the desired dictionary with a click not a scroll

General discussion

Jump to the desired dictionary with a click not a scroll

Postby rivosuoth » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:00 am

I wish there's a set of buttons (dictionary buttons) that can be pressed so that we can jump right to the dictionary entry without scrolling down through the result. Until now, I have to scroll down the long list.
Or if this is the limitation, is there any idea how I can solve this problem? maybe it's just my me.
rivosuoth

Re: Jump to the desired dictionary with a click not a scroll

Postby Gloggy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:58 am

Yes, this is one of frequently requested features. I myself miss it too.

But, there is a nice alternative: Right Click on the card, and select the dictionary from the list, you'll jump to that dictionary. This is good enough for me. But I agree, that some kind of permanent UI element (a list to the right of the windows with all dictionaries where this card is found) would be even better! 8-)
Gloggy
Модератор

Postby chulai » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:25 pm

The problem I found with the right click option is that it limits the entries to up to 20 dictionaries and I have more than 80. It would be better if this restriction didn't exist.
chulai

Postby chulai » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:27 pm

One solution could be instead of showing "....." as last entry show a "more" option to open a submenu with more entries.
chulai

Return to General