New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Repeated results

General discussion

Re: Repeated results

Postby ikm » Sun May 22, 2011 8:55 pm

brunces wrote:Please, just a simple answer.

I apologize, but it is impossible to leave a reply to all questions. I am only a single person and there are lots of you. Please use common sense.

As for the dictionary in question, I took a look at it, and the articles are physically duplicated in the BGL file - for the article of 'conspícuo', there are two identical entries in the file, with the same exact definition, one after another. I've added a workaround to skip any physically identical articles. This should mitigate the problem. Use the latest Git to see how it works for you.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby brunces » Tue May 24, 2011 2:36 pm

ikm, thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I'm sorry, but I didn't understand what you said... "I've added a workaround to skip any physically identical articles. This should mitigate the problem."

Cool, but where is it? I mean, is this workaround part of the latest release 1.0.1?

What did you mean by saying, "Use the latest Git to see how it works for you"? What is "Git"? Is it a "nickname" for GoldenDict?

I'm really sorry for my ignorance, but I really didn't understand it.

By the way, I use Windows XP.

Thanks again.

brunces
brunces

Postby chulai » Tue May 24, 2011 3:07 pm

brunces wrote:ikm, thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I'm sorry, but I didn't understand what you said... "I've added a workaround to skip any physically identical articles. This should mitigate the problem."

Cool, but where is it? I mean, is this workaround part of the latest release 1.0.1?

No, it is not part of version 1.0.1. It is going to be part of the next release.

brunces wrote:What did you mean by saying, "Use the latest Git to see how it works for you"? What is "Git"? Is it a "nickname" for GoldenDict?

I'm really sorry for my ignorance, but I really didn't understand it.

Git is a a distributed version control system software. It's the place where the source code for GoldenDict lives. So, when the developers decide that it's time for a new version they check out the code from the server and do a new build of the program for a public release. But, as GoldenDict is open, anyone with some programming knowledge can do it himself/herself.

Hope that helps
chulai

Postby brunces » Tue May 24, 2011 8:05 pm

chulai, thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, after a little search on Google, I found out what Git is. My exposed ignorance could have been avoided. (lol) But, no problem. Living and learning.

Well, now I'm aware of what Git is, but even so, I am still not able to make use of it. As you have mentioned, this is for people with some programming knowledge, and the closer I get to programming is Visual Basic for MS Office. :)

I will wait for the new release (1.0.2, I guess).

Thanks again.

--- EDIT ---
ikm, thanks for the workaround. And I am sure I can speak for more people who have faced the same problem. :)

brunces
brunces

Postby brunces » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Please, could anyone teach me or guide to a tutorial on how to download and get the new unveiled version to work? I use both Windows 7 and Linux (Pinguy OS/Ubuntu). On Linux, I'm a newbie, just for the record. (eheh)

Thanks for your time.

brunces
brunces

Postby Tvangeste » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:49 pm

brunces wrote:Please, could anyone teach me or guide to a tutorial on how to download and get the new unveiled version to work? I use both Windows 7 and Linux (Pinguy OS/Ubuntu). On Linux, I'm a newbie, just for the record. (eheh)

If you want to build GoldenDict yourself, follow these instructions: http://goldendict.org/buildfromgit.php

If you just want to use the latest available version, you might find this page useful:
https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... or-Windows

These EA builds are updated from time to time to the latest code.
Tvangeste

Previous

Return to General