New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

UI Tweaks

General discussion

Re: UI Tweaks

Postby vjjustin » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:07 am

Wow, wonderful christmas present. Awesome and Thank you.

Now, chulai its your turn. Linux early access builds? Also time for a new release?
vjjustin

Postby pesgd » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:29 am

Tvangeste wrote:OK, I've comitted the UI Tweaks code to the main repository, finally. :)

Users now have a choice:
* The new way: The field to enter words located like in all browsers, in the toolbar.
* The old way: to search in the sidebar.

Both UI modes are supported and can be switched between via View -> Search Pane menu.

Here's the up-to date screenshot:

P.S. Twice-Updated EXE (version 1.0.1-429-gcfa66ff now) can be downloaded from: http://rghost.ru/42492482 (just copy the goldendict.exe over the EARLY ACCESS version).

Thanks for the back/forward buttons on the external dialog window! (well, I just switched from .420 to .429 version, haven´t seen it before) :)
pesgd

Postby Tvangeste » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:32 am

pesgd wrote:Thanks for the back/forward buttons on the external dialog window! (well, I just switched from .420 to .429 version, haven´t seen it before) :)

Heheh, that's Abs62's. He's been doing an awesome job with GD tweaks and fixes lately :)
Tvangeste

Postby pesgd » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi Tvangeste,

I like the centered layout from the original UI, and I need to tweak the style to make the dictspane stick at a fixed width.
Every time I start GD, it comes back to 110px.
I tried this on qt-style:

Code: Select all
MainWindow #dictsPane #dictsList
{
  background: red;
  width: 150%;

}

But that doesn´t work... Could you help me?
This is how it appears on my screen: (windows 7, classic UI)
http://imgur.com/2p5AQ

Edit: GD version: x.438, Babyln article style.
pesgd

Postby Tvangeste » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:45 am

pesgd wrote:I like the centered layout from the original UI, and I need to tweak the style to make the dictspane stick at a fixed width.

Hmmm, at least in the new UI mode I don't see such problem. :) When I resize the "found in dictionaries" pane, it stays with the new size after restart...

Have you tried to specify the fixed size in CSS, in px?

In the classic mode, there are two panes (to the left and to the right), and their interplay could affect their sizes. I'd recommend using the new UI.
Tvangeste

Postby Tvangeste » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:50 am

With the recent commits, I've added toolbar's button names so that they could be styled via CSS.

One of the frequently requested features is to hide some not frequently used buttons, and now it is possible to do so.

For example, adding the following to the qt-style.css would remove most of the buttons:

#navToolbar::separator { /* WARNING: hides all separators! */
  width: 0px;
  margin: -3px;
}

#navToolbar #beforeScanPopupSeparator, #navToolbar #afterScanPopupSeparator, #navToolbar #separatorBeforeZoom, #navToolbar #separatorBeforeSave {
  background: rgba(0,0,0,0%);
  width: 0px;
  margin: -3px;
}

#navToolbar #soundButton, #navToolbar #backButton, #navToolbar #forwardButton, #navToolbar #zoomInButton, #navToolbar #zoomOutButton, #navToolbar #zoomBaseButton, #navToolbar #saveArticleButton, #navToolbar #printButton {
     width:   0px;
     height:  0px;
     margin:  -3px;
}

Screenshot:

New GD exe-only version, goldendict-1.0.1-439-g14ba449: http://rghost.ru/42546548
Tvangeste

Postby pesgd » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:11 am

Tvangeste wrote:
pesgd wrote:I like the centered layout from the original UI, and I need to tweak the style to make the dictspane stick at a fixed width.

Hmmm, at least in the new UI mode I don't see such problem. :) When I resize the "found in dictionaries" pane, it stays with the new size after restart...

Have you tried to specify the fixed size in CSS, in px?

In the classic mode, there are two panes (to the left and to the right), and their interplay could affect their sizes. I'd recommend using the new UI.

This was driving me crazy, but after some digging into CSS properties, I´ve found out min-width will do the trick! :)
MainWindow #dictsPane #dictsList
{
  width: 300px !important;
  min-width:500px !important;
  background: gray;
  }

In the article-style, I felt this is more comfortable:
body
{

width:90%;

}
pesgd

Postby Abs62 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Tvangeste wrote:Hmmm, at least in the new UI mode I don't see such problem. :)

I see.
Tvangeste wrote: When I resize the "found in dictionaries" pane, it stays with the new size after restart...

Start GD -> resize pane -> quit GD -> start GD - new size.
Start GD -> resize pane -> look some word -> quit GD -> start GD - drop to default size.
Start GD -> resize pane -> quit GD -> start GD -> quit GD -> start GD - drop to default size.
It don't depend on new or old interface.
Abs62

Postby Tvangeste » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Abs62 wrote:Start GD -> resize pane -> quit GD -> start GD - new size.
Start GD -> resize pane -> look some word -> quit GD -> start GD - drop to default size.
Start GD -> resize pane -> quit GD -> start GD -> quit GD -> start GD - drop to default size.

Weird. The dictsPane stays with the same new size for me in all these 3 cases. New UI. Basically, I never see that it drops back to the default size.
Tvangeste

Postby Tvangeste » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:57 pm

pesgd wrote:This was driving me crazy, but after some digging into CSS properties, I´ve found out min-width will do the trick!

I think I've found the reason for such weird behavior, please try this version:
http://rghost.ru/42563180

It should always properly restore the sidebar widget sizes, no matter what.
Tvangeste

PreviousNext

Return to General