New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

GoldenDict for Mac - displaying media

General discussion

GoldenDict for Mac - displaying media

Postby kaylee » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:48 am

Hi,
First, thank you for working on a Mac version of GoldenDict. :) Right now I'm using version 1d399a-dirty (Nov 2011), downloaded from a link supplied somewhere on this forum. My operating system is Snow Leopard, 10.6.8.
I noticed that sound files and images bundled with StarDict dictionaries aren't displayed/pronounced. They're in a zipped folder within the Dictionary's folder. I tried renaming the zip folder after the main dictionaty, just adding ".files.zip" in the end, like in the Windows version I guess, but nada.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Kay.
kaylee

Re: GoldenDict for Mac - displaying media

Postby chulai » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Support for media in Stardict dictionaries was added very recently, Feb 29, 2012. Also I'm not sure if you can zip content in stardict format as you can do with DSL dictionaries.

Would you mind sharing with me the name of the dictionary you are using?

Thanks
chulai

Postby kaylee » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi Chulai :)
Thank you for replying. I'm glad to learn you've added support for media to GoldenDict's Mac version. I'm still using an older version (November 2011), since I don't know how to compile from Git - so I can't try out your changes.
It's not just one StarDict dictionary which has a problem, it's all the ones with either images or audio - these are simply not displayed in my November-11-version.

And I think you're right about unzipping the media folder first in StarDict format. In my Windows' version of GoldenDict, I unzipped the media folders, and I don't have problems displaying StarDict media (I'm using the latest GoldenDict Win build, I think it's an experimental one).
kaylee

Postby chulai » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi,

I just built a Mac version. It should have Stardict image support on it along with all the latest addition. Check https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... or-Windows for a list of changes since version 1.0.1

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tttp46f67o9bonz

Note: Babylon *.BGL files don't work. The same is true of scanpopup and hotkeys.

Regards,

Chulai
chulai

Postby kaylee » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi Chulai :)

Thank you for building a new Mac version.
It crashes on launch on Snow Leopard 10.6.8, there's an error message:

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: QtWebKit.framework/Versions/4/QtWebKit
Referenced from: /Applications/GoldenDict.app/Contents/MacOS/GoldenDict
Reason: image not found

I couldn't PM you, so I'm posting here.

K.
kaylee

Postby chulai » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Sorry, I have access to a mac only on weekends.

The problem is that I forgot to include the Qt libs as private frameworks inside the app bundle. And it worked for me because I have QT installed as part of my development environment. Anyway, I uploaded a new GoldenDict disk image here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4wlio8numfcli1e

FYI, I built GoldenDict in OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard on a Mac intel 32-bit. I guess It should work on OS X 10.5+ (Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion) 32 or 64-bit.

Let me know if it works.
chulai

Postby kaylee » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Thank you so much, for putting in the time and the effort to make a new Mac build!!!
It works perfectly now. :D
I don't use Babylon dictionaries, just StarDict, and both the images and the sound links in dictionary definitions work.
kaylee

Postby chulai » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:30 pm

You're welcome. That build includes the most recent changes. Unfortunately, there is a bug that prevents Babylon dictionaries to be scanned. I've been trying to discover the problem but for some reason I can't debug the code! I will continue to work on this.

I just uploaded a universal version (32-bit and 64-bit intel, no PPC support) of GoldenDict:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3afh628i88th1a8

Both versions uploaded are 1.0.1-296d6d5-dirty of 2012-04-12.

If you can check that would be great! It should have some performance improvements over the 32-bit version posted before. Also, if you can tell me your OS version and mac model that would help.

Thanks
chulai

Postby kaylee » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:56 pm

chulai wrote:You're welcome. That build includes the most recent changes. Unfortunately, there is a bug that prevents Babylon dictionaries to be scanned. I've been trying to discover the problem but for some reason I can't debug the code! I will continue to work on this.

I just uploaded a universal version (32-bit and 64-bit intel, no PPC support) of GoldenDict:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3afh628i88th1a8

Both versions uploaded are 1.0.1-296d6d5-dirty of 2012-04-12.

If you can check that would be great! It should have some performance improvements over the 32-bit version posted before. Also, if you can tell me your OS version and mac model that would help.

Thanks

Hi Chulai,
I just downloaded and installed the intel-only version, and it runs great - works fine with images/sound of StarDict dictionaries.
I have a late-2009 Mac Mini, Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 4GB, Snow Leopard 10.6.8. CPU usage is 0-0.1% when idle, very briefly rises to around 12% when looking up a word, immediately drops back to ~0-0.1%. About 120 MB memory.
*hugs* :D
K.
kaylee

Postby evenme » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:35 am

Someone has a problem with the shortcut to get a translation (like inside Firefox, use Meta+C+C or any shortcut) nothing works. I couldn't make it work.
evenme

Next

Return to General