New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

want to use miiddle mouse click in scan popup

General discussion

want to use miiddle mouse click in scan popup

Postby forsubhi » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:59 am

I want to use miiddle mouse click to tarnslate words in document like babylon dictionary
can I do that with golden dict and if not can I add this feature to the program by myself , I am programmer .

thanks
forsubhi

Re: want to use miiddle mouse click in scan popup

Postby chulai » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:03 am

Middle-click is not currently supported by GoldenDict. The options available are in Edit > Preferences > Scan Popup.
If you use Windows, you might use AutoHotkey as a workaround as explained here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1431&p=7503&hilit=middle#p7503
Hotkeys and ScanPopup are the only functionality in GoldenDict that are not cross-platform, i.e., they are implemented in a different way for each platform (Linux, Windows).
You can download the source code from https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict and start looking at "goldendict\mouseover_win32" files.

Contributions are welcome :D
chulai

Postby forsubhi » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:55 am

I am using kubuntu 12.04 and I want to add this feature so what is the best ide to open the project or do I have to open each file seperately ?
forsubhi

Postby chulai » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:21 pm

My recommendation is that you use the official IDE: Qt Creator. You can get it from your package manager or from http://qt.nokia.com/downloads
I have installed both way and they work with no hassle.

GoldenDict is coded in C++ with the Qt framework to be cross-platform but the hotkey functionality is platform-specific as far as I know.

Good luck!
chulai

Postby forsubhi » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:45 pm

thanks , I'll try that soon
forsubhi

Return to General