New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

[Off-Topic] Anti-spam filter Mod for Forum

General discussion

[Off-Topic] Anti-spam filter Mod for Forum

Postby chulai » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:19 pm

To the forum administrators,

I have requested this before by PM, would you consider adding an anti-spam mod to this forum? It has been a target of multiple spam posts recently that add noise to the conversation. I have the option "Notify me upon replies" for forum post where I have participated, and it's annoying to get an email and go to the forum just to realize that it's a spam message. I have even got a spam private message today! :x

There are some mods for such functionality here: http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/modif ... ti-spam-9/

I think it would help to add a mod that:
1) Prevent the user to include links before reaching X amount of posts.
2) Or that shows a Captcha for his/her first X posts.

Please consider this request.
Thanks,

Chulai
chulai

Re: [Off-Topic] Anti-spam filter Mod for Forum

Postby chulai » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:46 pm

ok, 10 new topics today. All spams! Anyone interested in stop this annoyance?
chulai

Postby Gloggy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi there, I just got back from vacation and going to clean up the spam right away, sorry about that.

But yeah, I noticed a big spike in spam activity lately, looks like we need to improve forum's anti-spam measures somehow, or it would take significant time to clean the forum up over and over again...
Gloggy
Модератор

Postby chulai » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Thanks for taking the time to delete all spam posts. If you look the members list you can also spot very quickly the ones that are from spammers as they have urls.
Let me know if I can be of any help in installing some anti-spammer feature to the forum.
chulai

Return to General