New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

LSA Files: Link rendering bug.

General discussion

LSA Files: Link rendering bug.

Postby Gobaith » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:07 am

GD Build: GoldenDict 1.0.1-271-geaa62e6 of July 19, 2012.
LSA Files: X3 v14

As of now, GD doesn't seem to fully support the .lsa format.

For one thing, whatever I do I can't make it play three quarters of words in the Spanish wordbank south of the word 'decir'. Sometimes, it would just replay the word 'decir' if I had tried it first, and if I hadn't it would either do nothing or play a short hissing or clicking noise.

For another, there's this rather peculiar behavior: I have three language groups with one dictionary in every group coming with an .lsa file. Every time I switch from one group to another and try to listen to a word, GD keeps replaying the last word I've just listened to in the previous group. Sometimes there would be a double whammy when the sound would start with the last word I'd played and then move on to a truncated squawk representing a word I'd listened to before that. And all of those words would come from dictionaries belonging in different language groups.

The funny thing is that all those dictionaries are in separate folders on the drive and in separate groups in GD. AND I never throw them into one pile by choosing the "All" option.

Right now I have to restart GD every time I need to switch groups if I want to be able to listen to a different .lsa wordbank. And even this doesn't get me all the way there, because for some reason GD would play one link and balk at another.

Any ideas on how to fix this sort of thing would be deeply appreciated.

Update: It seems that the whole audio link rendering algorithm is faulty in this build: I've decompiled the .lsa wordbank, bundled all the wav's in a zip archive and copied it into the dictionary folder. As in the case above (and possibly, even worse), the GD performance seems to be totally random: at one time it would actually play a word, at another, replay the one that was before that, yet at another do nothing or make a short hissing or clicking sound. In many cases, even when GD does manage to play the word I actually want it to play, after I click 5-6 times on the speaker icon the player functionality stops working altogether. Then even after restarting GD I can't make it play that same word again. Now, this is happening while I'm working with the same dictionary without switching to any other groups in the process.
Gobaith

Re: LSA Files: Link rendering bug.

Postby Abs62 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Try to play sounds through bass_cli.exe from this post.
Abs62

Re: LSA Files: Link rendering bug.

Postby Gobaith » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:28 am

That did the trick. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
Gobaith

Return to General