New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

can't use dictionarys

General discussion

can't use dictionarys

Postby neta » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:49 pm

hi
i have ubunto 12.04, and i've just downloaded goldendict, but i cant put the dictionarys i downloaded in it's folder, and can't use them.
can someone help me?
i downloaded them from babylon.
thanks a lot!
neta
neta

Re: can't use dictionarys

Postby chulai » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi,
To get help you have to be more specific. Describe the process you are following, GoldenDict version, filenames, etc. Please just don't include here links to illegal content. They will get deleted.
With no further info I would tell you to read some of the previous posts in regard to Babylon bgl dictionaries. Check for example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1784&p=7749#p7749

Regards,
Chulai
chulai

Postby neta » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:53 am

i have stardict 3.0.1 (i don't understand how to make it scan dictionaries in the first place).
and goldendict- goldendict 1.0.2~git20110906-1build1.
i downloaded free dictionaries drom babylon site (exe files) whan i tried to extract them it gave me a folder with 1 file- CERTIFICATE.
no bgl files or like that.
when i open the exe file i see there is more inside, bun non of the files have a type (Strange, but my computer can't see the files type). i can extract any othe file from- Babylon9_setup_dict.exe (the name of the file), i just dont know what i should extract, and wil it help.
i read i need to put those dictioneries in the folder of stardict/goldendict but i can't change what's reaten their.
another thing- i created a username and password in stardict )i though that might help) and now it keeps saying- Authentication denied: 521 auth denied. i don't know what that means...
in goldendict i let it scan the folder with the dictionaries, but it can see that they exist.

i hope i gave all the info that is needed, ask me if ther's anything else/
and thanks a lot :)
neta

Postby chulai » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi,
First of all, I cannot talk about Stardict, it's a program I'm not familiar with. When you download a dictionary from Babylon web site you are actually downloading the installer of the program, NOT the dictionary. After you install Babylon the program automatically fetch the BGL file from the internet and save it to a temporary folder C:\Users\(userName)\AppData\Local\Babylon (in Windows Vista/7) then it proceeds to convert it to a BDC format. What you need is to copy the BGL version of the Babylon dictionary that is located in that folder to your GoldenDict dictionary folder. Of course, to do this you need to do it under Windows.
chulai

Postby neta » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:37 pm

thnks a lot!! that worked!!
:D
neta

Postby flaneige » Fri May 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi
When I install a dictionary from within Babylon 6, the BGL file is downloaded then converted to BDC. But I can't find the BGL file, it seems that Babylon doesn't leave it on the computer.
Any idea ?
flaneige

Postby chulai » Fri May 03, 2013 7:33 pm

flaneige wrote:Hi
When I install a dictionary from within Babylon 6, the BGL file is downloaded then converted to BDC. But I can't find the BGL file, it seems that Babylon doesn't leave it on the computer.
Any idea ?

Babylon DOES leave the BGL file in the computer. Please search the forum (I'd recommend using Google to search this forum) as this question has been asked and answered a dozen of times. For example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1636#p7273

Regards, Chulai
chulai

Postby flaneige » Sat May 04, 2013 6:17 am

Thank you for answering.
After some more search, I understand that Babylon no longer leaves the BGL files in the computer but instead uses a temporary folder that disappears at the end of the installation process
flaneige

Return to General