Developer Builds (for testing)

General discussion

Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:15 am

In order to somewhat organize all the links to the latest development builds, let's create this thread and post the development builds here.

So, here's the structure of builds we currently have:

1. Developer builds. Frequent, might not be complete and contain only changed files (like, only goldendict.exe). Usually should be applied ON TOP of Early Access builds.
2. Early Access builds, for wider audience. Complete standalone archives. EA for Windows. EA for Linux. EA for Mac OS X.
3. Official releases. Posted on the main GoldenDict page.

And here are my recommendation on which build to use:

1. Developer builds are for those who would like to live on the edge, to try the very latest cool features and bugfixes and verify bugs.
2. Early Access builds are pretty suitable for general consumption. If you are not sure, use these builds.
3. Official releases are the safest but are quite outdated and miss all the latest features. (Hopefully, we'll make a new release soon though) :)
Last edited by Tvangeste on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tvangeste
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:42 am

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:20 am

And here's the latest development build from me, build #500.

Download: xxxx -- (Use the latest EA build, just posted).

Changelog:
    * Select an entire text of the current article (Ctrl+Shift+A)
    * Fixed #164: Add an option to copy the entire page (Ctrl+A)
    * Handle big entries in bgl
As usual, just unpack the archive on top of the latest Early Access build and you're good to go.
Tvangeste
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:42 am

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby chulai » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:54 pm

And we also have the EA for Mac OS X and a forum post listing the OS X-specific issues.
chulai
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby Tvangeste » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:41 pm

And here's the latest development build from me, build #504, for Windows.

Download: GoldenDict-1.0.1-504-gd5dd8eb.7z - 1.03 MB

Changelog:
  • Do not store the "Welcome!" page in the user history.
  • Make the popup window more compact by reducing margins and spacing to 3px.
As usual, just unpack the archive on top of the latest Early Access build and you're good to go.
Tvangeste
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:42 am

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby pesgd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:59 pm

since GD x.500.xxx it keeps reindexing some of my dics, or all of them i´m not sure yet... until version 497 I haven´t seen this behaviour, but it could be me messing with the dics paths though
pesgd
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:10 am

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby chulai » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:04 pm

pesgd wrote:since GD x.500.xxx it keeps reindexing some of my dics, or all of them i´m not sure yet... until version 497 I haven´t seen this behaviour, but it could be me messing with the dics paths though

Yes, due to this fix: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... 60d131fe03
Everytime a change is made to the parser of a dictionary format developers increase the parser version so GoldenDict is forced to reindex the dictionaries to take advantage of the fix or new feature.
chulai
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby pesgd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:19 pm

chulai wrote:
pesgd wrote:since GD x.500.xxx it keeps reindexing some of my dics, or all of them i´m not sure yet... until version 497 I haven´t seen this behaviour, but it could be me messing with the dics paths though

Yes, due to this fix: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... 60d131fe03
Everytime a change is made to the parser of a dictionary format developers increase the parser version so GoldenDict is forced to reindex the dictionaries to take advantage of the fix or new feature.


chulai , thanks for clarifying
pesgd
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:10 am

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby Tvangeste » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:09 pm

The latest development build from me, build #512, for Windows.

Download: GoldenDict-1.0.1-512-g6c032b5.7z - 1.63 MB

Changelog:
  • Add belarusian transliteration
  • Fixed #178: Word Zoom Level is not preserved when switching UI modes (Ctrl+S).
  • Fixed #176: Menu button is not centered when toolbar is vertically positioned.
  • Fixed #169: Cannot deselect the article when 'select word' by single click is enabled.
  • Update Russian translation
  • Update Argentinian Spanish translation
As usual, just unpack the archive on top of the latest Early Access build (#501) and you're good to go.
Tvangeste
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:42 am

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby pesgd » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:43 pm

speaking of word zoom level fixes, I should tell you that I have an issue with GD, though it´s not related to any particular version... the control plus + shortcut, which works fine for me on firefox and chrome, won´t function in GD if I don´t press 'shift' together.

in fact, my '+' key is situated above '=' on my keyboard, so that explains why I must use 'shift' together.

I believe chrome and firefox have set 'control + '=' to behave as 'control' + '+'

control + 0 to reset the view works fine, btw
pesgd
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:10 am

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby Tvangeste » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm

pesgd wrote:speaking of word zoom level fixes, I should tell you that I have an issue with GD, though it´s not related to any particular version... the control plus + shortcut, which works fine for me on firefox and chrome, won´t function in GD if I don´t press 'shift' together.
in fact, my '+' key is situated above '=' on my keyboard, so that explains why I must use 'shift' together.
I believe chrome and firefox have set 'control + '=' to behave as 'control' + '+'

Good idea, fixed!
Tvangeste
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:42 am

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

cron