New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

hope goldendict support res.zip files for stardict format

General discussion

hope goldendict support res.zip files for stardict format

Postby hanyl05 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:51 am

hope goldendict support res.zip files for stardict format. I want to create stardict format encyclopedia with tables and font specifications.
hanyl05

Re: hope goldendict support res.zip files for stardict forma

Postby chulai » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi hanyl05. You requested this features several times in the past and I always gave my thoughts why I don't consider this request a good idea to implement. But you have never replied back and instead you keep making the same request over and over again. Not sure why.

FYI, here is the issue that was closed by me: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... t-13688305

As I told before I wouldn't oppose to the decision to diverge from the standard if the other developers think is ok. Just haven't heard anyone yet giving his/her ok on this.

Regards,
Chulai
chulai

Re: hope goldendict support res.zip files for stardict forma

Postby hanyl05 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:18 am

Thanks chulai, Thank you very much for your attention.
The reason for such a request is quite straightforward, Goldendict can only support dsl format attached multimedia files in a zipped file format. Other format, such as stardict, still can not support zipped multimedia files.
Bgl format contains multimedia files, however, to compile a bgl format dictionary is much more complicated than to compile a stardict format dictionary.

Suppose you want to compile an encyclopedia dictionaries with hundreds of thousands of images, sound wav files and lots of html tags that specify tables and fonts, stardict format is obviously the best format, and a zipped res folder to store those large quantities of multimedia files will be quite charming.

Best regards.

hanyl05
hanyl05

Return to General