New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Unabe to ADD under Source/File/+ Google translate

General discussion

Unabe to ADD under Source/File/+ Google translate

Postby maraluke » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:57 am

Hi All,
1. My Source/File/Add button is grey-out, also is my sound dir an morphology path, is it because I'm using a portable version?
2. Also I think there is now a problem of GD working with Google translate since Google disable the use of iframe. I just want to know if there are actions underway to resolve this?

I'm trying to use Goldendict for my small firm to reduce translation effort. Lingoes is also good but its dict format Ld2 is not really "open" that I cannot create my own DSL dictionary (no compile needed so I can keep updating).
Goldendict has been great comparing to all the others I've tried, but if it can work with Google transalate again that would be awesome.
Thank you very much.
Last edited by maraluke on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
maraluke

Re: Unabe to ADD under Source/File/+ Google translate

Postby Tvangeste » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:10 am

maraluke wrote:1. My Source/File/Add button is grey-out, also is my sound dir an morphology path, is it because I'm using a portable version?

I can answer the first question.

Yes, in portable versions there is no need to specify external folders, that would make the configuration non-portable, since paths are different on different computers.

Just put your dictionaries into 'content' folder or in its subfolders, and put morphology dictionaries into 'content/morphology' folder. That way, all your dictionaries will be with you no matter where you move the whole GoldenDict directory.
Tvangeste

Postby maraluke » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:42 am

Tvangeste wrote:
maraluke wrote:1. My Source/File/Add button is grey-out, also is my sound dir an morphology path, is it because I'm using a portable version?

I can answer the first question.

Yes, in portable versions there is no need to specify external folders, that would make the configuration non-portable, since paths are different on different computers.

Just put your dictionaries into 'content' folder or in its subfolders, and put morphology dictionaries into 'content/morphology' folder. That way, all your dictionaries will be with you no matter where you move the whole GoldenDict directory.

Thank you for the reply. If it's confirmed then I will just install the full version. My intention is to load dictionary from a mapped network drive so that everyone on the network can refer to the same dictionary while I also update it at the same time.
maraluke

Postby chulai » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:04 pm

maraluke wrote:Hi All,
2. Also I think there is now a problem of GD working with Google translate since Google disable the use of iframe. I just want to know if there are actions underway to resolve this?

Yes, that issue is coming more common as web site start to disable loading their content in external iframes more and more. The only solution I have found is to re-write the web dictionary feature in GoldenDict to merge such content in a template defined by user. I created an issue with a proposal to request comments: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/issues/105
As this implementation is not straightforward I doubt is going to be tackle any time soon (if at all).
chulai

Postby maraluke » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:04 am

chulai wrote:
maraluke wrote:Hi All,

Yes, that issue is coming more common as web site start to disable loading their content in external iframes more and more. The only solution I have found is to re-write the web dictionary feature in GoldenDict to merge such content in a template defined by user. I created an issue with a proposal to request comments: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/issues/105
As this implementation is not straightforward I doubt is going to be tackle any time soon (if at all).

Yes I searched for this and your entry came up.
In the meantime if anyone knows any alternative site to google translate which generously hasn't disable iframe, it's much appreciated if you can let me know.
maraluke

Return to General