New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Suggestion: pop-up function

General discussion

Suggestion: pop-up function

Postby Goldli » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Lingoes uses plug-ins for its pop-up function. But if for any Program no plug-in exists, there is also the following function:
You can activate in the configuration of Lingoes "Translate by double click". So in which program you ever are: If you double click a word, Lingoes pops up and gives the translation of the word. There may be some cases when this behaviour is disruptive. In this case you can make a right click on the icon in the task bar and deactivate this function. (You can activate and deactivate this function with only two mouse clicks).

So if you want to translate a word in this way with Lingoes you make simply two clicks on the word and you get the translation. I would like such a function in GoldenDict. But I did not find it. Did I miss it?
What I found in GoldenDict is: Mark a word (through double click) and after that pressing Strg+c. -> These are 4 manipulations. (Two clicks + Strg + c). Vs. 2 manipulations in Lingoes (Two clicks).

Is this costly to implement?
Did already everybody suggest this feature?
Where can I make this suggestion?
Goldli

Re: Suggestion: pop-up function

Postby sachaweb » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:20 am

It looks like this was implemented meanwhile. There is a double-click option in the preferences. However, it doesn't work in my case and the normal scan popup function doesn't work either.

Both are selected in the preferences. I tried different programs: Chrome, IE, Adobe Reader... So I can only use GoldenDict by typing or pasting words into the interface.

I use the portable version, which is 32-bit, on a 64-bit PC but I don't think that's the problem. I do have other dictionary programs but they react to other mouse actions. I tried enabling the ctrl-option but it made no difference.

Anybody?
sachaweb

Postby Goldli » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:09 pm

If I activate the double-click option in the preferences, this works when I double-click a word in GoldenDict himself (on the yellow surface), but it does not work for example in firefox or other programms.

@sachaweb
Scan pop-up with the ctrl-option does work for me with for example "Notepad- Editor" but not with Firefox and other programs.
Goldli

Postby Goldli » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:33 pm

Excuse me:

I missed to say that this concerns the Windows- Version.
Goldli

Postby sachaweb » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:57 pm

I have found it cumbersome to use goldendict. I tried to tweak it but I keep running into difficulties. I disliked Babylon years ago because it often came up with similar words in languages other than the one I was reading in.
I am not sure what is a good alternative to GoldenDict.
sachaweb

Return to General