New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

install libfuse in other positions than /usr/local

General discussion

install libfuse in other positions than /usr/local

Postby wangme » Mon May 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to run GD under Debian and the Doc said I needed to install libfuse. However I'm not the administrator and I have no right to touch the /usr/local directory. Is there a way to install it elsewhere and let GD use the files installed there?

Best regards,

L.
wangme

Re: install libfuse in other positions than /usr/local

Postby chulai » Tue May 21, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi,

I created the Linux Portable version. For that I used the AppImageKit tools. Debian is not officially supported so if you can't install libfuse because you are not admin just extract the content of the ISO image (and optionally replace the last goldendict executable with a more recent version) and you're good to go.

To extract the content or download a no-image (AppDir) version of GoldenDict Linux portable see question "E. How can I modify the AppImage binaries here?" at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1764
chulai

Postby wangme » Wed May 22, 2013 11:05 am

chulai wrote:Hi,

I created the Linux Portable version. For that I used the AppImageKit tools. Debian is not officially supported so if you can't install libfuse because you are not admin just extract the content of the ISO image (and optionally replace the last goldendict executable with a more recent version) and you're good to go.

To extract the content or download a no-image (AppDir) version of GoldenDict Linux portable see question "E. How can I modify the AppImage binaries here?" at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1764

tks chulai,

I did as you said and I tried to run the usr/bin/goldendict in console however it told me that the binary couldn't be run... I also tried the goldendict.desktop file and it returned:

./goldendict.desktop: line 1: [Desktop : commande introuvable(can't find the command)
./goldendict.desktop: line 4: Dictionary : commande introuvable
./goldendict.desktop: line 4: Education : commande introuvable
./goldendict.desktop: line 4: Qt : commande introuvable
./goldendict.desktop: line 6: Dictionary : commande introuvable

Do you have the solution???
wangme

Postby chulai » Wed May 22, 2013 2:02 pm

wangme wrote:

tks chulai,

I did as you said and I tried to run the usr/bin/goldendict in console however it told me that the binary couldn't be run... I also tried the goldendict.desktop file and it returned:

./goldendict.desktop: line 1: [Desktop : commande introuvable(can't find the command)

You have to execute ./AppRun in a console to run GD portable, don't use the goldendict executable. Please read questions D and J at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1764
chulai

Postby wangme » Wed May 22, 2013 2:32 pm

chulai wrote:
wangme wrote:

tks chulai,

You have to execute ./AppRun in a console to run GD portable, don't use the goldendict executable. Please read questions D and J at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1764

works great, tks!
wangme

Return to General