New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Index file problem

General discussion

Index file problem

Postby Keratoconus » Thu May 30, 2013 9:19 am

I installed both 1.0.1-792-g525a539 and 1.0.1 to separate location in C: drive on Win8, each time switch one to another, will initialize and index dictionaries again, I both want to use the stable one and test version, please help! How?! :|
Keratoconus

Re: Index file problem

Postby Tvangeste » Thu May 30, 2013 9:23 am

No problem, just make one of those installations portable. Otherwise, both versions will use the same location for the configs and indexes.

Just create a folder portable in the location where GoldenDict.exe is located. All the configs and indexes will be stored there. The dictionaries should be in content folder.

In fact, I *always* use GoldenDict in such portable mode. It is nice and very convenient to have everything in one directory, including the dictionaries, configs, indexes, etc. Easy to backup, easy to move, etc.
Tvangeste

Postby Keratoconus » Thu May 30, 2013 9:55 am

Tvangeste wrote:No problem, just make one of those installations portable. Otherwise, both versions will use the same location for the configs and indexes.

Just create a folder portable in the location where GoldenDict.exe is located. All the configs and indexes will be stored there. The dictionaries should be in content folder.

In fact, I *always* use GoldenDict in such portable mode. It is nice and very convenient to have everything in one directory, including the dictionaries, configs, indexes, etc. Easy to backup, easy to move, etc.

Good! It works great! And I Listened to your suggestions, always put audio and pic files into a zip file, start up very fast! Thank you! :lol:
Keratoconus

Postby Tvangeste » Thu May 30, 2013 11:22 am

Keratoconus wrote:Good! It works great! And I Listened to your suggestions, always put audio and pic files into a zip file, start up very fast! Thank you! :lol:

Hehe, enjoy your fast and up-to-date GoldenDict! :)
Tvangeste

Return to General