New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

pop up function tweak

General discussion

pop up function tweak

Postby wangmf » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:47 pm

GoldenDict is a very nice free dictionary software. Thanks to the developers!

The pop up function for clip board works almost perfect, except one small issue: I set the hot-key for clip board to be 'ctrl+c+c', however the dictionary will capture 'ctrl+c' and active the pop-up window. It will not wait for the second 'c' key. This behavior mix the copy function and the hot-key for clip board. When I only want to copy a chunk of text, without any intention to look up dictionary, the pop-up window will show up.

I solve this issue, by setting the pop-up keys to be NOT 'ctrl', then the hot-key 'ctrl+c+c' will work as expected. I just share this experience of mine.

(By the way, the pop up function for selected text won't work anyway under windows7 64bit, GoldenDict1.01.)
wangmf

Re: pop up function tweak

Postby Tvangeste » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:27 pm

If you don't use the scan pop-up function (to automatically translate the word under cursor), you could just completely disable it in settings: F4 -> Settings -> Disable Scan Popup functionality.

The Ctrl+C+C will continue to work just fine.

And yes, the automatic scan pop-up translation (of the word under cursor without selecting it and copying) is not as robust as we'd like. Many programs do not allow other tools like GoldenDict to peek and to fetch the words under cursor.

Personally, I have this automatic scan pop-up function disabled in settings, and use Ctrl+C+C exclusively to translate any selectable text with 100% reliability.
Tvangeste

Return to General