New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

How set config in same folder portable GoldenDict is stored?

General discussion

How set config in same folder portable GoldenDict is stored?

Postby cadudesun » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi,

I'm using GoldenDict Portable (1.5.0-RC-533).
When .exe file is launched, it is automatically created in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\GoldenDict a couple of file/folders:

index [folder]
styles [folder]
config
history

The problem is that always I run GoldenDict portable in other computer, it starts over, creating new config/index files/folders in AppData.

I would like GoldenDict has stored these files/folders in same folder portable GoldenDict app is stored (not in AppData). This way, I could use GoldenDict in a flashdrive, having my configurations and index always ready to use.

Is it possible? How to?

P.s.: At least "config" file stored in portable GoldenDict folder would already be very useful.

Many thanks for info,

Cadux
cadudesun

Re: How set config in same folder portable GoldenDict is sto

Postby Abs62 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:11 pm

Read GoldenDict help, chapter "Portable mode".
Abs62

Postby joaquin » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:51 pm

Hello, I have exactly the same question as cadudesum. I tried to find the help where to look up the chapter "Portable mode" but I could not find it, not in the program, the official website, the github and their corresponding wikis.

Please, where can I find this documentation and the way to get the configuration together with the program when porting it to another computer?

Thank you.
joaquin

Postby Abs62 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:18 am

Help system was included in GD almost two years ago, in June 2014, and presented in early access builds since 1.5.0-RC-424 (1.5.0-RC-474 for Qt5-based builds). If you have more old GD version I recommend to renew it.

PS. To use GD in portable mode just create the "portable" folder beside GD executable.
Abs62

Postby joaquin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:42 pm

Yes, I was using the version that you get from http://goldendict.org that is older. The new one has all the information as you describe.

Thank you for your help.

Regards.
joaquin

Return to General