New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

GoldenDict and comment in DSL format

General discussion

GoldenDict and comment in DSL format

Postby yuchen » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:02 pm

There is a entry in DSL format dictionary like this:
Code: Select all
September
   [m0][b][c red]{{MAINENTRY}}September{{/MAINENTRY}}[/c][/b] [p]UK[/p] [s]zzz_uk_B_B30_B3098_B3098310.wav[/s] [c teal]\[{{PRON}}sepˈtembə(r){{/PRON}}\][/c] [p]US[/p] [s]zzz_us_A_A30_A3098_A3098310.wav[/s] [c teal]\[{{PRON}}sepˈtembər{{/PRON}}\][/c] [c orange]{{PART-OF-SPEECH}}noun{{/PART-OF-SPEECH}}[/c] [c sienna]{{SYNTAX-CODING}}\[countable/uncountable\]{{/SYNTAX-CODING}}[/c] {{INFLECTION}}[c rosybrown]\[[/c][c rosybrown][i]{{INFLECTION-TYPE}}singular{{/INFLECTION-TYPE}}[/i][/c] [c darkslategray]{{INFLECTION-ENTRY}}September{{/INFLECTION-ENTRY}}[/c] [c rosybrown][i]{{INFLECTION-TYPE}}plural{{/INFLECTION-TYPE}}[/i][/c] [c darkslategray]{{INFLECTION-ENTRY}}Septembers{{/INFLECTION-ENTRY}}[/c][c rosybrown]\][/c]{{/INFLECTION}} [p]★★★[/p]
   [m1]{{DEFINITION}}the ninth month of the year, between August and October{{/DEFINITION}}
   [m3][ex][*]{{EXAMPLE}}The last time I saw her was in September.{{/EXAMPLE}}[/*][/ex]
   [m3][ex][*]{{EXAMPLE}}The interview is on September 9th.{{/EXAMPLE}}[/*][/ex]
   [m3][ex][*]{{EXAMPLE}}He visited China last September.{{/EXAMPLE}}[/*][/ex]
   {{Thesaurus}}[m3][c darkslategray][u]Thesaurus:[/u][/c] [ref dict="Macmillan English Thesaurus (En-En)"]months of the year[/ref][sub][c rosybrown]hyponym[/c][/sub] {{/Thesaurus}}

It's said "Comments must be enclosed in double braces and may include several lines of text". So if I delete {{EXAMPLE}} and {{/EXAMPLE}}, it should work well.
However, after I do this, GoldenDict get into chaos. It seems every entry display one more line which should be of the next entry.
Is this the problem of DSL compiler ?
yuchen

Re: GoldenDict and comment in DSL format

Postby Tvangeste » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:08 pm

Are you viewing the modified dictionary in GoldenDict or Lingvo?

If in GoldenDict, have you invoked the "Rescan dictionaries" command after you've edited the dictionary? Press Ctl+F5 or restart GoldenDict.
Tvangeste

Postby yuchen » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Tvangeste wrote:have you invoked the "Rescan dictionaries" command after you've edited the dictionary? Press Ctl+F5 or restart GoldenDict.

That's it! Thanks for your suggestion! It seems that if some problems occurs, restart the program first!
yuchen

Postby Tvangeste » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:55 pm

yuchen wrote:That's it! Thanks for your suggestion! It seems that if some problems occurs, restart the program first!

Heh. :)

This is not really a problem, it's just how GoldenDict works. It uses offsets to know where articles start, and when you modify the dictionary, the offsets are changed, and you need to notify GoldenDict about it.

That's what Rescan comand (Ctrl+F5) does. In short, when you changed the dictionary, always invoke Rescan command afterwards. Or restart. :)
Tvangeste

Return to General