New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

My First Feedbacks

General discussion

My First Feedbacks

Postby Saad » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:01 am

Hi,
Why version 1.5 RC has not setup file?
Why GoldenDict not work in Firefox? it just works in Foxit Reader and menu of some programs!
How i can set translate popup on "Ctrl+RightClick" or on "Mouse Wheel" like Babylon ?

Thanks.
Saad

Re: My First Feedbacks

Postby Tvangeste » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:13 am

Saad wrote:Why version 1.5 RC has not setup file?

The official 1.5 release will have a setup file. For early access builds we just unpack the archive on top of the previously installed GoldenDict and that's it, no need for installer.

Saad wrote:Why GoldenDict not work in Firefox?

Because modern browsers use hardware acceleration and it is basically impossible to figure out the word under cursor from outside (from GoldenDict side). One potential way to solve this is some kind of plug-in for the browser that could figure out the word and send it to the GoldenDict. But nobody wrote such plugin so far.

Currently we recommend much more reliable way: Select a word and press Ctrl+C+C to see the translation. It works *everywhere*, in all applications with no exception, and not much more complicated than Ctrl+RightClick.
Tvangeste

Postby Saad » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:48 am

Thanks.
i think a plugin for Firefox is necessary, because i and many users usually need translate in internet, for reading News, tutorials, and answer in forums or mails.
in Firefox i has disabled "hardware acceleration" in Options>Advanced>General . but also doesn't working.

i have another request. Please add TTS icon in popup.
Saad

Postby Tvangeste » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:26 am

Saad wrote:Please add TTS icon in popup.

What do you mean? Please describe in more details what you'd like to see and how it should work.

Currently, the TTS engines can be added as sound-only dictionaries. Clicking on the sound icon in such dictionary pronounces the headword.
Tvangeste

Postby Saad » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:48 am

Tvangeste wrote:
Saad wrote:Please add TTS icon in popup.

What do you mean? Please describe in more details what you'd like to see and how it should work.

Currently, the TTS engines can be added as sound-only dictionaries. Clicking on the sound icon in such dictionary pronounces the headword.

Sorry, there was a mistake than me! all thing is nice.
Saad

Postby Saad » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:27 am

for Firefox and other programs that GoldenDict not support, you can make more easier. if be an small rectangular window by 50% opacity, after we type(or copy/paste) a word in filed, then GD shows result in a compressed window bottom that is merged, and bottom window that shows translate have a small close(x) button to hide it, and when we enter new word, translate result show on mini window again.
Saad

Postby Saad » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:33 am

sorry, i think pressing Ctrl+C+C is better. Thanks.
Saad

Postby Saad » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:26 am

Sorry, Babylon translator has OCR technology that can translate word on images by right-click. for example babylon works for these two attached images by Ctrl+RightClick:

Thanks.
Attachments
Selena Gomez - Sad Serenade.png
Selena Gomez - Sad Serenade.png (19.07 KiB) Viewed 12049 times
Selena Gomez - Come and Get It.png
Selena Gomez - Come and Get It.png (17.34 KiB) Viewed 12049 times
Saad

Return to General