New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

What is the best way to convert from HTML to DSL?

General discussion

What is the best way to convert from HTML to DSL?

Postby veole » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:20 am

Using Regular Expressions in a text editor? Is there a script or some tool to help to do it? It seems that the most important step to make a DSL dictionary is to use Calibre to convert the source to HTML. And then what?

I've seen perfectly formated tables in DSL (no images), so there has to me something to get from HTML to DSL so nicely. Calibre leaves a lot of trash to use RegEx effectively.

Thank you.
veole

Re: What is the best way to convert from HTML to DSL?

Postby C2BlEv » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:17 pm

Yes, regex is the approach used by most DSL folks. I use emeditor on a Win machine. You need to learn the DSL language first (start with the description of DSL, then open the dsl files for the dictionaries that you like). DSL is like a very basic html, so you will need to make decisions on what to do with the html formatting that DSL does not support.
C2BlEv
Модератор

Re: What is the best way to convert from HTML to DSL?

Postby veole » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:34 pm

I understand how DSL and RegEx work. I can edit dictionaries and fix and renew their format. But if I open a html file with Emeditor, I don't know html and it seems very confusing.

Maybe someone could try to do a script (standalone or for Calibre) to convert html to a basic DSL format, so you don't have to face a plain html code every time you want to make a new DSL dictionary.
veole

Return to General