New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Suggestions?

General discussion

Suggestions?

Postby Marc » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:38 am

First of all hello everybody, first post here!

And as well I take the chance to express my gratitude for such a wonderful and useful program.
So after playing and playing with GD, there are some ideas/suggestions that may improve usability.
Ok , here they are:

1. A summary mode for results, similar as Google presents them, so that you get a quick broad look at which result/reference resource is the best match.
In the current form it is painstakingly to scroll all the results just to have an idea on which to read first.

2. Consider perhaps removing the search sidebar and instead placing the search bar on top of the main article/content? view. while using a temporally drop down menu for showing query/keywords matches.
That would allow to use the search pane space for reading, as the portion used for displaying the query matches/keywords it is only used while the query matches/keywords are being displayed.

3. An indicator perhaps of the resources for a given match. Example: "Light (English Wikipedia;American Heritage;Oxford Dictionary). Or perhaps using categories such as:
Search Term: Light
Query Matches:
All
Light (8) (American Heritage;Oxford Dictionary; Webster Merry;Thesaurus1;Thesaurus2;Wikipedia English;Britannica;Translation1)
Dictionaries (3)* -> Number of found results
Light (American Heritage;Oxford Dictionary; Webster Merry)
Thesaurus (2)
Light (Thesaurus1;Thesaurus2)
Encyclopedias (2)
Light (Wikipedia English;Britannica)
Translation - English to Spanish (1)
Light (Translation1)
Laser, Light (1) (Wikipedia English)

in the concept categories are only used for the first query match, and categories are sorted by number of found results.

4. Middle click with query matches open result in new tab, while double click in current tab.

Would it be a good idea to include dictionary css's styles? As it is with display interface?

PD: I have been playing with a image editor on the interface, but haven't manage to to get decided. So I will keep playing.
Marc

Return to General