New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

transfer from scan popup to main window

General discussion

transfer from scan popup to main window

Postby Guru » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:08 am

Hello,

When I write text with vim, I can select words with the mouse and bring them up in the scan popup. This works
fine. As a formerly user of 'stardict' I 'm used to the functionality that the popup let me do the same search in the main
window (by just a cklick on an icon in the scan popup). Until now I could not find a way todo so with
goldendict 1.0.1. Do I overlook something?

Thanks

matthias
Guru

Re: transfer from scan popup to main window

Postby chulai » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Guru wrote:Until now I could not find a way todo so with

Yes, GoldenDict 1.0.1 is more than 2 years old. Please tget one of latest version to obtain that feature and more here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2333
chulai

Postby Guru » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:06 am

chulai wrote:

Yes, GoldenDict 1.0.1 is more than 2 years old. Please tget one of latest version to obtain that feature and more here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2333

Thanks for the pointer to the Linux' RPM's, but this is with FreeBSD. The version 1.0.1 is the bleeding edge in our FreeBSD ports tree
of ported applications. I will contact the maintainer and/or compile directly from the sources.

Thanks

matthias
Guru

Postby Guru » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:42 am

chulai wrote:

Btw: 1.0.1 is the latest release and for good reasons the FreeBSD' ports building is based on a released version and
not a git repository. Why there is no newer released version in the last 2 years?

Thx
matthias
Guru

Postby chulai » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:48 am

Guru wrote:
chulai wrote:

Btw: 1.0.1 is the latest release and for good reasons the FreeBSD' ports building is based on a released version and
not a git repository. Why there is no newer released version in the last 2 years?

Thx
matthias

Right, and I do understand your concerns. The Early Access Builds are pretty stable but we need someone to take care of the installers for each platform. The problem is lack of time from all the developers. BTW, most of the translations are complete and there are no blocker issues. I can point you to the discussion about the release plan here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2367

Regards,
Chulai
chulai

Return to General