New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Last minute request: default dictionary directory for Linux

General discussion

Last minute request: default dictionary directory for Linux

Postby jennie » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:26 am

I just submitted this as an issue in Github, but I guess I can explain a bit more here.
I would like there to be a directory for dictionary content enabled by default in Linux builds (e.g. /usr/share/goldendict/content or /opt/goldendict/content).
This way people could create .deb packages for individual dictionaries, and have them install in the same folder.
That would be good for standardization, because all users would have one standard folder for dictionaries, and then they can add others if they want.
It would also be easier for people creating dictionary packages or writing installation guides for Goldendict. I have written a guide for installing goldendict+dictionaries for the Greek Ubuntu forum, and that part was the most difficult one to explain.

Anyway, here's to hoping that you will agree with me, and the feature can even make it in time for the new release. I'm guessing it should be trivial to implement.
jennie

Return to General