New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Thanks! And Perhaps some suggestions/questions

General discussion

Thanks! And Perhaps some suggestions/questions

Postby Marc » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:42 am

If I knew about Earlier Builds packages before :embarrased:
The updates are awesome!
Thanks for the search bar on top and drop down menu!
If you consider I'd suggest some features, to move the "new tab" button to the right as in Firefox, type and search, perhaps increase the minium tab lenght to perhaps more or less the space of "(sin titulo)"; in searches of very short words such as "light" the tab is too small perhaps. Maybe use a fixed size and tooltips on hover to display the full search term?

Also not sure if the name of the dictionaries displayed in GoldenDict can be changed? or the icon?
Perhaps there is an easy way to edit the dictionary files themselves; or add an icon in the same folder of the dictionary as
article-style.css files?

So far no glitches in Windows XP SP3.

PD: Probably it's been asked before but where are the preferences saved? Just wonder so I can be sure if I should update by extracting/replacing all files.
Marc

Re: Thanks! And Perhaps some suggestions/questions

Postby Abs62 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Marc wrote:Also not sure if the name of the dictionaries displayed in GoldenDict can be changed? or the icon?
Perhaps there is an easy way to edit the dictionary files themselves; or add an icon in the same folder of the dictionary as
article-style.css files?

Yes, you can easy set custom icon for most of dictionaries.
For all local dictionaries except XDXF just place icon file named as main dictionary file with extension ".bmp", ".png", ".jpg" or ".ico" beside dictionary file. For example, if your dictionary file named "my_best_dictionary.dsl", icon file must be named "my_best_dictionary.bmp" (or .png, etc.).
For XDXF dictionaries icon file must be named "icon32.png" or "icon16.png"(32x32 or 16x16 image in png format) and placed beside corresponding .xdxf file.
For Wikipedia, websites, programs, voice engines just set icon file name in "icon" column in preferences dialog.

Dictionary name usually hardcoded inside dictionary file. You can easy change it for text format files as DSL ("#NAME" tag in .dsl), Stardict ("bookname" parameter in .ifo), XDXF ("full_name" tag in .xdxf). Sound dictionaries as .lsa or .zips haven't separate name and named by file name.
Marc wrote:PD: Probably it's been asked before but where are the preferences saved? Just wonder so I can be sure if I should update by extracting/replacing all files.

All GD settings saved in "config" file in user configuration folder or "portable" folder in GD directory if it exists. You can use "Help -> Configuration directory" menu command to open this folder.
Abs62

Postby Marc » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Great.

Abs62 wrote:Dictionary name usually hardcoded inside dictionary file. You can easy change it for text format files as DSL ("#NAME" tag in .dsl), Stardict ("bookname" parameter in .ifo), XDXF ("full_name" tag in .xdxf). Sound dictionaries as .lsa or .zips haven't separate name and named by file name.

Can that be done with the editor or should I use another program for the task? depending on the format?

Abs62 wrote:All GD settings saved in "config" file in user configuration folder or "portable" folder in GD directory if it exists. You can use "Help -> Configuration directory" menu command to open this folder.

Thanks, followed instructions and they are in %AppData%. In order to save setting in the application folder, should I move all the settings to GoldeDict/Portable/?
Edit: Done =)
Marc

Postby Abs62 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Marc wrote:Can that be done with the editor or should I use another program for the task? depending on the format?

.dsl, .xdxf, .ifo can be edited in any text editor.
Abs62

Return to General