New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Welcome!

General discussion

Welcome!

Postby Admin » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:55 pm

Just created the forums, so it's now possible to discuss stuff. The first release is nearby, so there'll be something to talk about.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Welcome!

Postby worms » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi
Is there an ability to get a word's meaning from wikipedia in the current release of goldendict?
worms

Postby ikm » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:32 pm

Shouldn't be that hard to implement, but for now there is no such feature. Btw while all mediawiki-based wikis have an API allowing to query words' completions as you type and stuff like that, it should also possible to just make a plugin allowing to do arbitrary template-based GET requests, which would be easier and more universal at the same time. I'll think about it in the future.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby jennie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:10 am

Hi! I'm an interpreter/translator and I've been using goldendict as my main dictionary application for a little over a month now. I have to say I'm really impressed. The rendering of stardict files is excellent, I get results even when I type the second word in a phrase, plus I really like the Alt+Down shortcut! Congratulations for creating a really worthy successor to stardict.
There is one thing I would really like to see in Goldendict though. Instead of the drop-down menu for choosing groups, would it be possible to have individual buttons for every group? With the ability to either choose a different icon for each group button, or a short code (e.g. all, en, ru).
I was also wondering whether there are plans to add support for any other dictionary formats.
Finally, I will be filing a couple of trivial bugs that I 've found, mostly to do with support for Greek.
jennie

Postby ikm » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:23 am

Hi,

I thought about buttons for groups. This might be implemented in the future. As of dictionary formats, what formats are you interested in?
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby jennie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:11 pm

Actually, I was thinking about the wikipedia files that can be downloaded for offline use. Although I am not sure it would be a good move to mix ordinary dictionaries with something as large as wikipedia.
By the way, does the DSL format support tables?
jennie

Postby ikm » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:25 pm

No, it doesn't. The company behind the format is quite reluctant to add new features into it. While we could extend it ourselves, it is questionable whether it's a good idea to fragment the format or not.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby rezwansaki » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:54 am

Hi,
I'm new in here.
This is the best dictionary to me, so I've joined here.
But I'm a Bangladeshi. So, I need English to Bengali system in here.
I want to dictionary English to Bengali for GoldenDict.
Plz help me.

Thanks.

Alin
Bangladesh.
rezwansaki

Return to General