New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Portable Version?

General discussion

Re: Portable Version?

Postby ikm » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:32 pm

The source is available under GPLv3 (or later) license -- as long as you comply, you are free to modify the source any way you like. If you develop a feature which might be useful to others, you might request it to be merged into the main tree, too.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby Piermichele di Pisa » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:55 am

Thans for your answers.

>I am not sure how compliant your step would be with the open source license GNU GPL v.3 (I presume that you wouldn't want to share your decryption code or maybe you will).

>The source is available under GPLv3 (or later) license -- as long as you comply, you are free to modify the source any way you like. If you develop a feature which might be useful to others, you might request it to be merged into the main tree, too.

The point is this one: If I add just the encryption code, I don't add a new feature, right? So I presume that I don't have to share this code, but before to do it, I ask to who made the sofware if I can do it... I like to be allways in a legal way.
I can tell you that in my plan, if I can use Doldendict, I want to add a call to the Microsoft Text to speech. This one is a feature and I'm happy to share it with others, not just because I must do it. I love the open source philosophy and especially the idea under GoldenDict to developp a unique software where everybody can contribute and at the same time can use their dictionaries.

In any case, what can I do? Thanks again
Piermichele di Pisa

Postby ikm » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:26 pm

1) You can leave your decryption code to yourself -- as long as you don't distribute the binaries which contains it without source code (at least not publicly).
2) You can share the Microsoft TTS part
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby sharkking » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:50 am

Thanks for the great application. However, if you can you give the option to enable Sound Dirs for audio files in the portable version that would be greater. :D
Cheers
sharkking

Postby chulai » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:22 am

sharkking wrote:Thanks for the great application. However, if you can you give the option to enable Sound Dirs for audio files in the portable version that would be greater. :D
Cheers

This was requested before but has yet to be implemented: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/issues/150
chulai

Postby Abs62 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:43 am

sharkking wrote:However, if you can you give the option to enable Sound Dirs for audio files in the portable version that would be greater.

Now you can use .zips packages instead of sound dirs. Just compress sound files into zip archive and change it extension to .zips. Zips supported in GD from EA build 1.0.1-333-g8e4b384 onwards.
Abs62

Previous

Return to General