New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

How do I know which dictionaries are listed?

General discussion

How do I know which dictionaries are listed?

Postby keremcan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:35 am

HI

I love GD, however I am having one issue with the interface. I have bunch of dictionaries, online and offline. How do I know what which words in the dictionary result listing belong to which dictionary? I do not want to click on them one by one to figure out really. Sometimes I want to look at Wikipedia dictionary first sometimes, sometimes another regular dictionary.

I think that if the resulting topic listing was color coded according to the dictionaries, it would have been better to recognize dictionaries.

thanks
keremcan

Re: How do I know which dictionaries are listed?

Postby Gloggy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:44 am

Rather unexpected feature request, really. Personally, I have never had such desire. Typically, I just sort the dictionaries in such a way that most important dictionary is at the top. Well, actually, I have two groups: one for offline dictionaries and the other is for online ones (like Wiki, etc). This seems to cover all my use cases rather nicely.

Plus, since in the latest GD versions there is a toolbar with dictionary buttons you could always enable-disable only those dictionaries that you're currently focused on...
Gloggy
Модератор

Re: How do I know which dictionaries are listed?

Postby keremcan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:14 am

Gloggy wrote:Rather unexpected feature request, really. Personally, I have never had such desire. Typically, I just sort the dictionaries in such a way that most important dictionary is at the top. Well, actually, I have two groups: one for offline dictionaries and the other is for online ones (like Wiki, etc). This seems to cover all my use cases rather nicely.

Plus, since in the latest GD versions there is a toolbar with dictionary buttons you could always enable-disable only those dictionaries that you're currently focused on...

Sure, everyone has different needs and solutions. Please just treat it as feature request. :)
keremcan

Return to General