New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

pop-up box matters (wishlist)

General discussion

pop-up box matters (wishlist)

Postby bigfanofgd » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:10 pm

A very useful dictionary program that can be used instead of stardict. It covers many inconveniences from stardict. but it also has some problems:

1. pop-up translation box

The shortage of hotkeys matters. Lingoes, the well-known dictionary program, has various hotkey options. Such as turn off pop-up dictionaries, clipboard translation options, etc.

Goldendic has double-click pop-up translation and it's good. But if you're dragging a sentence(e.g. when you just typing http:// adress in your web browser), it works unwillingly(it tries to find whole sentence to search). If it has toggle hotkey for pop-up translation, you can turn off the option for a while. This various hot-key settings are available to Lingoes.

When you're using Goldendic while reading a pdf documents, this pop-up windows doesn't disappear. Poping-up and remain at that position. Unless you click just pdf reader's title bar or toolbar, etc., you got irritating pop-up windows evermore. <bugs>

2. main interface

I hope that main toolbar button size can be adjustable for more compact size. And left side pane has minimum size, it can't be hide. I hope that it can be minimized.
bigfanofgd

Re: pop-up box matters (wishlist)

Postby zhangjinsong » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:22 am

bigfanofgd wrote:A very useful dictionary program that can be used instead of stardict. It covers many inconveniences from stardict. but it also has some problems:

1. pop-up translation box

The shortage of hotkeys matters. Lingoes, the well-known dictionary program, has various hotkey options. Such as turn off pop-up dictionaries, clipboard translation options, etc.

Goldendic has double-click pop-up translation and it's good. But if you're dragging a sentence(e.g. when you just typing http:// adress in your web browser), it works unwillingly(it tries to find whole sentence to search). If it has toggle hotkey for pop-up translation, you can turn off the option for a while. This various hot-key settings are available to Lingoes.

When you're using Goldendic while reading a pdf documents, this pop-up windows doesn't disappear. Poping-up and remain at that position. Unless you click just pdf reader's title bar or toolbar, etc., you got irritating pop-up windows evermore. <bugs>

2. main interface

I hope that main toolbar button size can be adjustable for more compact size. And left side pane has minimum size, it can't be hide. I hope that it can be minimized.

It sounds like you are using another software.
1. Turn off popup window, use ESC.
2. You can customize modifier keys (such as ctrl, win, shift and so on) like in any other dictionary softwares.
3. You can customize hotkey for clipboard translation and mainwindow toggle.
4. The left panel, tool bar, dictionary bar certainly could be hidden and shown by easy menu click.
5. There's more convenience in GD, delving it by using,.

I think GD needs a user document now.
zhangjinsong

Re: pop-up box matters (wishlist)

Postby ikm » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:43 pm

zhangjinsong wrote:I think GD needs a user document now.

It always did :) GD has a mix of StarDict and Lingvo functionality, so people coming from either of those usually adapt more or less well. There are a lot of smaller features, though, which not much people know about, and it's a pity.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Return to General