New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Dictionary Bar

General discussion

Dictionary Bar

Postby BurgooKing » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:20 pm

What is the purpose of the Dictionary Bar? And what is the best way to use it?

Again, thanks for the excellent program.
BurgooKing

Re: Dictionary Bar

Postby Gloggy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:39 am

BurgooKing wrote:What is the purpose of the Dictionary Bar? And what is the best way to use it?

You mean, the toolbar with dictionary buttons? The main purpose is to be be able quickly enabled-disable some dictionaries. For example, in some groups I have plenty of regular dictionaries and a couple of online ones. If I don't want to do online queries, I just click on those online dictionaries and disable them.

Sometimes, I prefer to work with a single dictionary, not with the whole group. Again, simple to do: Shift-Click or Control-Click on the dictionary to have it enabled alone. Second Shift-Click or Control-Click will enable back *all* the dictionaries in the group. Pretty handy! :)
Gloggy
Модератор

Re: Dictionary Bar

Postby BurgooKing » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:30 am

OK, that is helpful.

Previously I was clicking on a dictionary button and thinking that it should become the only dictionary displayed. Instead it became the only dictionary not displayed.

Thanks for the explanation. It's easier now to explore the contents of a single dictionary or glossary.
BurgooKing

Return to General