New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

GD abbreviation functionality (Abbrev.dsl)

General discussion

GD abbreviation functionality (Abbrev.dsl)

Postby det » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:31 am

How is GoldenDict supposed to handle dsl labels (set off by [p]...[/p])? From http://goldendict.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=75 I understand that they are supported. But isn't the full form of the abbreviation supposed to display on mouse-over or on mouse-click?

Using the [p] tags, I get the abbreviations to display in green. On mouse-over, the cursor also switches from the select icon to the arrow icon. However, no full form/definition displays. Following the forum post above, my abbrev.dsl is formatted as follows:

Code: Select all
# NAME "Abbrev"
# INDEX_LANGUAGE "English"
# CONTENTS_LANGUAGE "English"

a.
   adjective
adv.
   adverb

A follow-on question: what is the preferred way for handling the period following the abbreviation? (I have it with and without.)

(Using GD 0.9.0+git on linux - Ubuntu 10.04. I have also been checking this with a Windows installation.)
det

Re: GD abbreviation functionality (Abbrev.dsl)

Postby Gloggy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:50 pm

Abbreviations should work just fine. The only thing to be aware of is the proper naming. So that if your main dictionary file is named my_dictionary.dsl, then the abbreviations file MUST be named my_dictionary_abrv.dsl (adding _abrv to the end).
Gloggy
Модератор

Postby det » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Gloggy - yes, naming was the problem. My dictionary had been name.utf16.dsl.dz. Once I got rid of the .utf16 part to leave: name.dsl.dz and name_abrv.dsl it worked great. Now I get the lovely full form on mouse-over. Thanks!
det

Postby murdock_john » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi,

Is it be possible to have colored labels in GoldenDict? In the DSL documentation it is said that you can use them, but I don't see them work here.

I mean, instead of plain [p]adv.[/p], to have [c teal][p]adv.[/p][/c]. Using the latter, GoldenDict can't distinguish the color.
murdock_john

Postby Gloggy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:45 am

murdock_john wrote:I mean, instead of plain [p]adv.[/p], to have [c teal][p]adv.[/p][/c]. Using the latter, GoldenDict can't distinguish the color.

This is how DSL files work, according to its "reference implementation" in Abbyy Lingvo. So, anything that marked with p tag will always override any other color.

BUT, you could adjust your CSS settings for GoldenDict so that p tag could be colored with any color you'd like (similar option exists in Lingvo settings as well).
Gloggy
Модератор

Postby murdokc_john » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:45 am

Thanks for the information! I raised the question because according to this page, http://informationworker.ru/lingvo.en/d ... atures.htm, one can freely choose the color for a specific label. Of course, I could follow your advice and change the CSS settings, but then, I want to have different labels with different colors, e.x. [p]adv.[/p] but (i)[c slateblue][p]Mainly N.A.[/p][/c](/i). I can't find a way to personalize my choices...
murdokc_john

Postby ikm » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Have you tried hosting [c] inside [p]?
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby murdokc_john » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:25 pm

ikm, what can I say, thank you! :)
murdokc_john

Postby Gloggy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:15 am

murdokc_john wrote:ikm, what can I say, thank you! :)

Heh, then this is an incompatibility between GoldenDict implementiation of Lingvo DSL and the reference implementation by Abbyy Lingvo :)

In the official Abby Lingvo imlementation, no mater which order is used, p-tagged entries are *always* of the "label" color (typically, green).

P.S. I just double-checked and indeed, Lingvo x3 shows both cases in green color.
Gloggy
Модератор

Postby det » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:14 am

The abbreviation mouse-over text is not displaying in my Bengali-Bengali dictionary. This is the same dsl formatting as with my other Bengali-English dictionary, which works fine. I can't see any difference between the two -- only that this one has unicode Bengali script. Could that be the problem? Goldendict recognizes the file -- it shows up in the dictionaries dialog. The abbreviations are also displayed in the correct green italics formatting. It is just the mouse-over that doesn't work.

Here's a sample of the _abrv.dsl
Code: Select all
প্র.
     প্রবাদ, প্রবচন (proverb)
বর্জি.
     বর্জিত বা বর্জনযোগ্য (rejected)
det

Next

Return to General