New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Translate on Middle Mouse Button click. Make it worth a bit.

General discussion

Translate on Middle Mouse Button click. Make it worth a bit.

Postby abrusil33 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:31 pm

It is obvious that Babylon is a leader in translating software. I can judge coz for last 10 years I see what my friends are using. All of them find it helpful and all of them staying away from ABBYY after they got introduced to Babylon. I find Babylon the best coz it nice looking, easy to use, not that bulky-agley as ABBYY. :twisted: The only reason I am trying GoldenDict is I am tired to monkey with Babylon not-portable, and license upgrading every year. It's not worth it.
Anyways, why is it so slow for GoldenDict developers to just bring the best from best programs to GoldenDict. I am sure that it is pretty simple to implement Middle Mouse Button for word translation. Who in the world will select 3 or 4 keyboard keys instead of just one middle button click? Guys don't be stubborn with making it your way then on the end it is all about comfort. I don't care if it's free or not - I would say "it's good, but expensive", or "free, but useless for me".

Two single options for GoldenDict will make it real Golden tool. ;)
1. Translate on "MMB" - Middle Mouse button click
2. Let me to decide where to place the translation window on screen. I like it in fixed position and size on screen no metter where translated word is.

There are just few functions to add to the code. Literally, not more than 50 lines.
"Scan Popup" is a pain in the ... - you have to check/uncheck while you need maybe 1 word to translate during 10 minutes. That popup is so raw function I'd say. I would rather uncheck it for good then see that translation w-w jumps everywhere I move the mouse pointer without needing the translation.
It is awesome that you have "free" Babylon’s dictionaries usable for GoldenDict, so make it a little bit more useful. P L E A S E :roll:
Thank you.
abrusil33

Re: Translate on Middle Mouse Button click. Make it worth a bit.

Postby ikm » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:15 pm

abrusil33 wrote:There are just few functions to add to the code. Literally, not more than 50 lines.

It seems you've figured it all out already. Send a patch with those lines - it will be accepted.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby ztycx » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:50 pm

despite of the way of expression, TS did make a valid point of adding middle-click for triggering scan popup. IMO it's more convient than the combo keys. hope the developer may consider it. thanks.
ztycx

Postby poK1ZUYGqmFQdkiVPqZ » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:25 pm

abrusil33 wrote:...I don't care if it's free or not...

Then exactly why would the developers care to listen to you wise guy?
poK1ZUYGqmFQdkiVPqZ

Return to General