New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

GoldenDict can't work on win7 64bit

General discussion

GoldenDict can't work on win7 64bit

Postby Freeter » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:56 am

Hi experts,

I am a new user to GoldenDict, and I think it is really wonderful, especially the support of different format of dictionarys.
Whille, after i upgrade my system to win7 64bit, it can't scan word in pdf-view, and also can't work on chrome.
Is there any solution to this issue? thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Freeter
Freeter

Re: GoldenDict can't work on win7 64bit

Postby chulai » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 am

It's a well-known issue reported here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=901&start=0&hilit=chrome and here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=565&p=3931&hilit=chrome#p3931

My workaround is to use a hotkey like this:
Preferences > Hotkeys > Use the following hotkey to translate a word from clipboard: Ctrl + C + C

Then in Chrome select the text you want to look up and press Ctrl + C (which will copy it to the clipboard) and while still holding the Ctrl key press again "C". This way, "CTRL + C + C" will first copy the text to the clipboard and then execute the GoldenDict hotkey which looks for the text in the clipboard.

Personally, I open the main window and enter the term there rather than use the scan popup. It's more convenient.
chulai

Return to General