New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

[solved] Creating a dictionary from single RTF files

All about dictionaries

[solved] Creating a dictionary from single RTF files

Postby ronnie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:20 am

First of all, thank you for this great program.

I have all the definitions of an Albanian dictionary in RTF files (italics, bold etc. are all saved). But I would like to be able to merge them together, index and to create a single dictionary which can be opened in Goldendict. May I know how can I achieve this and which are the right tools, the right format?
I attached a zip archive containing a few definitions just to have an idea of the files I'm dealing with.
Attachments
C.zip
(3.06 KiB) Downloaded 830 times
Last edited by ronnie on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronnie

Re: Creating a dictionary from single RTF files

Postby jecuad » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:43 pm

Since your multiple rtf files are of uniform format, I give my idea(I definitely think in this forum there are many who are silent yet have better methods than mines ) of how to manage it as you like:

1. merge al you rtf files into a single word file:
open word, create a new file, insert from archives, select all the rtf files so that all would be inserted into one word file.
If your rtf files are of a great amount and your computer isn't so fabulous, ms word may not process them happily. As a alternative to this, you can find some tools which can convert massive rtf files into html, then use some tool to merge the html files into one.

2. save the word file as html, then use Emedit(it's regular expresion) to edit html's source file, clean and adapt it into the format of DSL, which can be used directly in Goldendict.
jecuad

Postby ronnie » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, I could convert them to html and do some sort of format editing, but adding a single space or a TAB before each meaning of a word would take me a lot of time. Anything more automatic would be welcomed, :).
ronnie

Postby ronnie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:19 am

After trying a lot options, I ended up using Word for everything. I think it was easier because my text was already formatted, and converting to HTML was very messy: however with Find & Replace and the Special button it seems you can do everything. So for me, the problem is solved,
ronnie

Return to Dictionaries