New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Build 477 pop-up bug

Report bugs here

Re: Build 477 pop-up bug

Postby Alec » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:53 am

On this PC, I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise, 32-bit, with Service Pack 1 installed.

I have experienced similar problems on the 64-bit version.
Alec

Postby Tvangeste » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 am

Alec wrote:On this PC, I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise, 32-bit, with Service Pack 1 installed.

Could you try the very latest build:
GoldenDict-1.0.1-481-g7496f5f: http://rghost.ru/42909981

Meanwhile, I've tested build #477 on various Windows XP x32, Windows 7 x64, Windown 8 x32, and scan popup works on all of them for me.
Tvangeste

Postby Alec » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:20 am

I'm afraid Build 481 has exactly the same problem:
1) Whenever the program is started with "Send translated word to main window" blank, the pop-up window fails to work and no translation appears.
2) Switching that option ON makes the program work normally, with the translation appearing in the main window.
3) Switching that option OFF has no effect until the user highlights or copies a word for translation, at which point the program crashes.

Could it be something to do with writing to the configuration file(s)?
Alec

Postby Tvangeste » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:26 am

Alec wrote:Could it be something to do with writing to the configuration file(s)?

Since I cannot reproduce the problem it is unclear to me what's the root cause of it.

My only theory so far is that somehow in a process of applying additional changes on top of early access version you ended up with weird combination that doesn't work for some reason.... Well, a second theory is that you have broken config that somehow causes GD to crash.

Could you try this version, it is a full GoldenDict, with everything inside. Just extract it somewhere, enter the GoldenDict folder, and create portable folder inside. That way you'll have a standalone portable installation to test, with all the configs contained inside that portable directory.

Give a run and see if the problem exists. I used exactly this version on various Windows PCs and on all of them it worked.

Download: http://rghost.ru/42945401

If this GD version works with the newly-created config file, try to copy your own config from your main installation to this test version. That way we'll check what's the cause, the actual GD version or your configuration file.
Tvangeste

Previous

Return to Bugs