New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Online dictionaries loading make the definitions page "jump"

General discussion

Online dictionaries loading make the definitions page "jump"

Postby francesinha » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:18 pm

Hi,

I have this group with 15 offline dictionaries, and I recently added 21 online dictionaries to it. Don't know why I waited this long to do it, it's AWESOME! However I have a minor annoyance and I'm wondering if there's a workaround:

The offline dictionaries are listed first, and load immediately.
The online dictionaries are listed after them, and load all at the same time, from what I can tell, after about 4 seconds.
The problem is, when they do, I'm busy reading the offline definitions, but they make the page "jump" to the bottom of the incredibly long page!

Is there any way to avoid that?

Thanks! :)
francesinha

Re: Online dictionaries loading make the definitions page "j

Postby francesinha » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Mystery more or less solved, it was the dictionary at the very bottom of the list, http://dict.woxikon.com/en-pt/%GDWORD%, that was responsible for this behavior. When I disable all Woxikon dictionaries, the page stays where it is when loading the rest of the dictionaries.

I have 2 Woxikon dictionaries in the group, and earlier managed somehow to have the results of the FR-PT dict displayed as plain text instead of HTML while the EN-PT dict was disabled, which did not make the page jump. But then I did a few more tests, and now I can't find how to go back to that plain text display...

So unless someone has an idea, I guess I will leave both Woxikon dictionaries disabled for now...
francesinha

Return to General